Spending the weekend with a cold updating the website with my trusty webmaster, Scott, by my side. Bear with me, I am just getting the hang of this blogging business!

Before too long, we should know if the skeleton found during an archeological dig in Leicester last summer is indeed that of King Richard III. DNA testing is being done as I write. I have created a separate page, "Richard III in the News," on my website for updates on this exciting development. I especially like the in-depth segment from a Canadian TV show that I have linked to.

Of course, even if the bones are Richard's, it still will not clear up that wretched mystery of what happened to the princes in the Tower. Until royal permission is received to study the bones inside the urn in Westminster Abbey again, we will know no more. In the more than 40 years that I have been studying Richard, nothing in his character, nor with regard to a motive, suggested to me that he would have coldheartedly disposed of his nephews.

But being able to lay him to rest with the dignity deserving of a king, after 500 years of being buried in obscurity, will make me feel a whole lot better! Leicester or York or even Westminster Abbey? Where do you think he should be honored?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Missing Princes Project: Update!

Ode to a grandson

Croissants, crepes, and cheese